Rural Development (B & I) Loan Program Highlights For Gas Stations and Convenience Stores
Programs by the Department of Agriculture’s Rural Development for companies that prefer to refinance existing debt, construct or to acquire new sites. Here you can learn more about USDA loans.
What is considered an eligible area?
- Rural areas not in a city or town with a population of more than 50,000 inhabitants.
- The borrower’s headquarters may be based within a larger city, as long as the project is located in an eligible rural area.
- The lender may be located anywhere in the United States.
- Check eligible addresses for Business Programs.
Types Of Financing:
$500,000 – $10,000,000
30 Year Term / 30 Year Amortization
Prime + .5% – 2.75% (Varies by credit risk)
Loan To Value:
50 – 80%
|None To Minimal Lender Fees|
|Due Diligence Deposit|
|Customary Closing Costs|
|Construction Fee, if applicable, to offset monitoring costs|
|The USDA Charges A Fee Of Approximately 3.0% (depending on loan amount and percentage of guarantee, usually 80%)|
|Owner Occupied Small Business or can also be Investment Properties|
|US Citizen Or Permanent Resident Alien Status|
|Good Credit / Character|
|Management Experience In Industry Or Related Industry|
|Reasonable Financial Statement Or Credible Projections|
|Must Be In Eligible Location (Less than 50,000 Population)|
How may guaranteed loan funds be used?
Eligible uses include for USDA loans (but are not limited to):
- Business modernization, conversion, repair, enlargement or development.
- Business and industrial acquisitions when the loan will maintain business operations and create or save jobs.
- The purchase and development of land, buildings, and associated infrastructure for commercial or industrial properties.
- The purchase and installation of machinery and equipment, inventory or supplies.
- Debt refinancing when such refinancing improves cash flow and creates jobs.
Loan decisions usually made within four weeks of receipt of all requested documentation.
You can conveniently apply for a gas station loan with our online application.
You can also download our pdf application here.