SBA 504 Loan Program Highlights For Gas Stations and Convenience stores
Designed for financing owner-occupied small businesses. All loans will be made with a percentage of the loan guaranteed by the Small Business Administration (SBA).
The CDC/504 Loan Program provides long-term, fixed rate financing for major fixed assets that promote business growth and job creation.
504 loans are available through Certified Development Companies (CDCs), SBA’s community-based partners who regulate nonprofits and promote economic development within their communities. CDCs are certified and regulated by the SBA.
The maximum loan amount for a 504 loan is $5 million. For certain energy projects, the borrower can receive a 504 loan for up to $5.5 million per project, for up to three projects not to exceed $16.5 million total.
Types Of Financing:
To be eligible for a 504 loan, your business must:
- Operate as a for-profit company in the United States or its possessions
- Have a tangible net worth of less than $15 million
- Have an average net income of less than $5 million after federal income taxes for the two years preceding your application
Other general eligibility standards include falling within SBA size guidelines, having qualified management expertise, a feasible business plan, good character and the ability to repay the loan.
Loans cannot be made to businesses engaged in nonprofit, passive, or speculative activities. For additional information on eligibility criteria and loan application requirements, small businesses and lenders are encouraged to contact a Certified Development Company in their area.
A 504 loan can be used for a range of assets that promote business growth and job creation. These include the purchase or construction of:
- Existing buildings or land
- New facilities
- Long-term machinery and equipment
Or the improvement or modernization of:
- Land, streets, utilities, parking lots and landscaping
- Existing facilities
A 504 loan cannot be used for:
- Working capital or inventory
- Consolidating, repaying or refinancing debt
- Speculation or investment in rental real estate
You can conveniently apply for a gas station loan with our online application.
You can also download our pdf application here.